If a house had a soul it would be the kitchen. The kitchen is where the family gathers, guests congregate and even where the pets go. Take a look around your kitchen…do you like the cabinets, the flooring, the light fixtures? What about the hardware and appliances?
Identify what you want to change; identify your budget. Then start dreaming about your fresh-faced kitchen.
Next, call in the experts at JDS Construction of Leesburg, VA and get some design ideas.
And because a kitchen renovation can seem overwhelming here are some tips form JDS Construction of Leesburg, VA to make the process easier:
How to start your kitchen renovation:
- Consider your kitchen’s existing layout and your budget.
- Find a reputable contractor.
- Discuss your goals for your renovation: What kind of kitchen do you want? A gourmet kitchen, a family centered kitchen or an entertaining kitchen? What, in essence, do you use your kitchen for?
- Do you need a complete gut, or do you want to utilize the existing footprint?
- Does your kitchen flow with your decorative style?
- Is there anything you’d like to work around (i.e. existing stainless steel appliances, a kitchen island)?
- Observe from floor to ceiling: what needs to go? Flooring, light fixtures, cabinetry, countertops? All of the above?
At JDS Construction we help you work through the following key variables:
- Size of the space
- Kitchen Layout
- Orientation of sunlight
- Flow of kitchen to adjacent rooms
- Your lifestyle
- Your budget
- Condition of your home
Size of space: Are you happy with the space you have or do you want to expand into another room, perhaps knock down a wall?
Kitchen layout: What do you like about your current kitchen?
- Are you comfortable in the space?
- Does the space accommodate your cooking routine?
- Are you moving comfortably from the range to the sink?
- Can your kitchen handle more than one cook?
- If the answer is no to any of the above–don’t feel married to the existing footprint
Infrastructure: If your home is an older one you might confront electrical or plumbing concerns as you remodel. JDS Construction of Leesburg, VA can work with you to ensure that the existing infrastructure of your kitchen can accommodate the new technology you will install.
Lifestyle: How will you use the kitchen? What type of cook are you? How do you entertain?
Budget: A good guideline is to spend between 6 and 10 percent of your home value for a complete kitchen renovation. On average, 10 percent of overall home value is realized as a return of investment at resale.
So, if you’re ready to discuss your dream kitchen renovation, contact JDS Construction of Leesburg, VA. JDS Construction is owned and operated by JD Scott. JD is a native and resident of Loudoun County, VA and has worked in construction his entire life. JD personally oversees every job and works closely with his clients to make their vision come to life. JDS Construction is proud to build with integrity throughout Northern Virginia. We serve both Loudoun and Fairfax County.